Monday, May 3, 2010

2,700 miles down, 900 to go

So it's 3:00 a.m. Mountain Time (2:00 back home), and we're leaving in 90 minutes to travel the final 900 miles (or about 13 hours of driving time) of our little family trip to and from Omaha, NE. I (Gregg) had an interview on Friday with Creighton University's School of Pharmacy, and I am super excited about their program and approach to health care as a future pharmacist. I won't find out, however, if I got into their program or not for another three weeks, so the following 21 days are going to be absolutely torturous!

During our 50+ hours of driving so far, I have discovered how absolutely amazingly beautiful our country is, and of course, how to drive 90+ mph for the entire states of Wyoming and South Dakota. We also made a point to stop at Mt. Rushmore mainly because I have never been and wanted to go so badly, but we also wanted the kids to experience the absolute awesomeness (yes, that is a word) of the mountain. They loved the presidents' faces carved into the mountain, but they were more interested in the gift shop wondering how to spend the money they have saved. We took lots of pictures while we were there and throughout our entire trip, and they will be uploaded soon after we return home. But, since I am unable to post any pictures now or better organize my thoughts, I will wait until we return home, unpack, get caught back up with work, school, and life in general to post anything more about our trip. It has been amazing so far, and the girls have been even better than I could have possibly dreamed.

Until next time, pray for our safe return and my acceptance into Creighton's pharmacy distant pathway program (that means we get to stay home while I attend school online).

God Bless,

Gregg

1 comment:

  1. How in the HELLO did I miss this post?? Have I really been that absent from blogland???

    YIKES.

    ReplyDelete