Saturday, April 26, 2008

Garage Sales......

When you say "Garage Sale" it brings up different feelings for different people. I use to love to go to garage sales with my hubby on Saturday mornings, before we had kids. My husband loves to have garage sales. I have convinced him, through our eight years of marriage, to use a plastic container to store the money in instead of his black fanny pack he sported at his mom's garage sales. I believe he got his love of garage sales from his mother, who still goes every weekend. We have garage sales every year (two sometimes) and I feel as though we are getting a neighborhood reputation. In fact one of our neighbors came over and asked when we were doing our garage sale because she wanted to do one with us (I have never met this neighbor so I was mortified). My sister Catherine also jokes about our yearly garage sales. So this year I told him we would not be having a garage sale. I just wanted to get the stuff outta my garage. (my garage is the running joke with my sisters and my father in law) Lets just give it away I say. Well this weekend I was suppose to go to my sister Catherine's house. That fell through so Gregg decided that a garage sale was in order. I get very stressed out, people looking at your stuff, trying to buy items in your garage that are not for sale, having to be friendly, the people who drive by at 7am, the man that every year drives by and says "got any old toys or tools", the eBay ladies with their gadgets. Well this year was no different. We had one lady who told us our kids clothing was to expensive (25 cents an item) and then drove away in her Mercedes Benz, the little girl who had to go potty so bad that she pulled her pants down in the middle of our sale and peed then announce she still had to poop, the ladies car that wouldn't start in our driveway and then could not understand how come my husband could not tell her why it wouldn't start, and Madison selling dandelions for $5 a bunch. So the end to a garage sale day, my garage is clean, we made some money, and we don't have to deal with it for another year.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't the He-She visit your sale?? Didn't come to mine... but there's always next weekend... lol

    ReplyDelete