Sunday, September 28, 2008

Going to Rehab


For those of you who are close to me you know that my brother, Eric, has struggled since he was 15 with drugs. This past January I received the dreaded call that he was in intensive care from a drug overdose. The next few days my dad, Christine, and I took turns sitting at his bed side. We prayed, we read, we waited. He became well enough to be transferred to a detox unit across town. After two weeks he CHOSE to go to a thirty day program in Wenatchee, after thirty days he then CHOSE to go to the Salvation Army Adult rehab in Seattle for a six month program. After all these years it is the first time he has really stated that he could not do this on his own. Well last Wed the girls and I took a bus (with my dad and his friends) down to Seattle to see him graduate. He has been eight months clean. He was the only one who completed his entire program and did it well. He became the head guy there. We are so proud of him. Please pray that he will continue on his journey and find the support and help he needs to stay clean. Here are a few pictures of the events of the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment