Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Company.....

For some reason I tend to entertain family members at out house a lot. I love grandparents and aunts, uncles, and cousins. The funny thing is that we really don't have a good set up for when people spend the night. Grandma Debi spent this last weekend with us (we had a wonderful time see future blog). She is just one person so she slept in Madison's room and Madison slept with Gregg and I (Madison tried to kick him out to the couch - lol). Last night Gregg's mom and her husband spent the night. They were leaving today to Arizona for the Winter. Gregg and I gave up our bed and did not really plan further ahead. When it came to going to bed Gregg decided to sleep on the couch and I was gonna sleep with Emma (She has a full bed). I started out my night with Madison (in a twin bed). Side story - when Gregg and I were getting married we had to buy a queen bed. Gregg was sad because he wanted us to have a single bed so we could snuggle for the rest of our married life-----we are trying to financially figure out how we can get a california king bed eight years later---guess the snuggle dream is long lost. Ok so back to my sleepless night.....Madison LOVES to snuggle and will latch on to any warm breathing thing.....by 1:30am I was hanging on to the bed trying to sleep....I decided to climb into bed with Emma. Emma promptly kicked me outta bed yelling at me she needed the whole thing and it was not time for a "mommy snuggle". I collected my blanket and pillow and tried to go sleep downstairs on our short couch...... nope ...... Emma was calling me. Finally I found "sleep" on the floor of Emma's bedroom. As I was feeling sorry for myself I was suddenly reminded of the Blog I had read of a friend who is adopting again from Ghana and she was talking about the Orphanages. So being totally convicted I began thanking God that I was warm, had a blanket, was safe, had a full tummy, was not sick, have a job, have money, well it just went on. So even though I am sore and really tired......I really can't complain can I.

No comments:

Post a Comment