Friday, October 10, 2008

Pet Peeves

I feel I need to blog about some of my Pet Peeves.
1) At my job we all log into windows live messanger. Many of us work from different sites and from home and this makes it nice to be able to know where everyone is and communicate. The problem is the advertisements on the bottom of messanger. It is some phone/internet advertisement with this girl laying on the couch laughing and shaking her hair at the camera. This has been there for WEEKS! It annoys me. I do not want to see this lady pretending to meet someone and flirting. Please make it stop!
2) Love and Logic. Its a theory for child rearing. It is actually very good and has some great logic (sorry). However, it is all around me. "Bummer I guess your gonna miss recess"(is the bigger punishment for the child to miss recess or for you to be stuck with them because they missed recess), "It your choice"(if the kid was smart enough they would realize it wasn't really a choice-ah the beauty of love and logic). Madison even said to me...."mom quite giving me choices and just tell me what to do, I'm tired", I don't blame her. Madison has to wear uniforms to school (by the way I am a total advocate for this it has been wonderful!) however, she has misplaced coats (which we have found later-on) I can't say "bummer guess your gonna freeze" or buy her a less desirable coat......Its a uniform (and they are not cheap and special order). How do you make a 1st grader responsible for their things? Are they old enough? Grandparents would say "yes". Their parents did not have money to buy them extra coats you got one....you knew where it was.....loosing it was not an option. My kid.....just has no idea.....no fear.....no clue....so what do we do Gregg and I scour the school, lost and found, sitter's car, ect till we find it. Were our parents as children that responsible? I don't remember loosing important things as a kid.
3) POOP....When will this potty training thing end????
4) Phone. Sometimes I just don't wanna be reached, or I'm putting my kids to bed and if I answer I got to start the process all over again. Its not cause I don't love you, or am depressed. I wanna watch my show or read or take a bath and not answer the phone. People are offended when they find out you just didn't answer. Its ok I love you, sometimes I just need some peace.
Well for now this blog has made me feel a little better so I will attempt to go to bed. Happy dreams blogging world.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY WORD. I haven't laughed this hard in weeks!!! You are hitting it right on the head girlfriend.... ("BUMMER! You're going to have to freeze"... I'm just DYING here...) And you're not going to believe this, well maybe you are because great minds think alike, but I have been assembling a pet peeve list for a couple of days and I'm putting it on my blog this morning... NO KIDDING. You truly are my BFF!!!

    Here's a couple of mine for "teasers"...you'll have to check my blog for the rest:

    nuts in cookies.
    political bumper stickers on cars...(they're not coming off people! You better hope you picked the right guy)
    crooked pictures hanging on walls.
    lowrise jeans. (seriously c'mon!)
    dogs off leashes in public areas (there are some of us who have children who are terrified of dogs!...nice)

    ReplyDelete