Sunday, June 22, 2008

Is that where it goes???

So today I had four kids (my two girls and my two nephews). I was attempting to keep everyone happy, fed, and safe when Emma (who will be three in a few days) decides to stick one of Madison's crafting beads up her nose. Emma then runs and hides from me (she knows she did something bad) and proceeds to try to get it out herself. Nose bleeding and green bead in hand she brings it to me. I was concerned however that she may have injured her nose or there were more beads up there. When I asked her "Honey did you put one bead or two in your nose?", her reply was"three, four, five, six mama". I call the on call nurse at the my trusty Dr. office. She assures me that MANY people's kids put things up their nose. At this point my nephew, Hunter, who is 9 says "I had a friend last year that stuck a rock up his nose and had to go to the ER" (we know who is riding the short bus). The nurse is laughing and tells me to ask Emma again if there are more in her nose....to which my sweet child replies "three, four, five, six mama". It is decided that there is nothing we can do at this point and that if there are more up there they will work themselves out. After the blood is cleaned up and the scare is over I (being the smart mother that I am) gives her a bowl of M&Ms (now who's riding the short bus) I realize my stupidity and say "Emma where do your M&Ms go?" , to which she replies "Only in my mouth mama, not in my nose". Lesson learned? we will see. Here is the picture of the culprit.

No comments:

Post a Comment