Thursday, July 10, 2008

Grandma Rees

On July 2 I recieved a call from my sisters, in Mt Vernon, letting me I better get down there Grandma was in the hospital and not expected to make it through the night. I rushed down expecting to say my goodbyes and support the family. I have not been a continues part of this family, and really have only started to get to know everyone again over the past year. Grandma is originally from Germany. She is a German/Jew. Living in Germany during Hitler, a single mom way back then, and then marrying a US soldier (who was not really a knight in shinning armor). She has raised nine kids (lost one to brain cancer) and fought cancer. She is a fighter. I have been blessed to get to know her later on in her life. She has been diagnosed with a second brain tumor. She got to go home a week later. She will need alot of support over the next few months. I was lucky enough to also spend time and teach my neices how to play UNO while in the hospital waiting room.




Madison kept telling us what cards she had, Izz had to draw alot of cards, and Liv is just so stinkin cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment