Saturday, March 26, 2011

A New Car?

GREEN ONE!

Well, green-ish. So Emma has taken notice of all those VW commercials and insists on playing Slug Bug (without the slugging) every time we climb into the car. So we play and have lots of fun, but when I wrecked the VW Passat Wagon, Emma said immediately, "So, let's get a Bug car." I laughed and thought never in a million years will we ever buy a Bug car.

I later told Allison what Emma said to me about the Bug car, and Emma piped up what a good idea she had about getting a Bug car. Allison looked at Emma. Then, Allison looked at me. She then said, "That is a great idea Emma! Do you realize how cute we will all be driving down the road in a Bug?" I'm thinking that I'm fighting a loosing battle, but we were picking up Madison from school soon, and she will take my side. When we picked her up and she got in the van, Emma blurted out, "Madison, we're getting a Bug car!"

To make everybody happy, I made the comment, which I thought would win the battle for me, "We will go test drive a Bug car to see if Daddy even fits in one." For those of you that don't know me, I'm a 6'3" 300 pound man with big, broad shoulders. I tried to fit in a VW Jetta once, but I was way too big. I thought that the Bug car would be similar in size, so I thought we would never talk about a Bug car again. We made our way to a local dealership to find a Bug car on the lot, so we ask to test drive it. I started laughing at the thought of possibly getting stuck in the car (it's happened before) as I sit down. I'm sure Allison was laughing at the look on my face as I looked all around trying to figure out where all that room was coming from. I was shocked! It has as much or more room than my recently deceased VW Passat. So...

I lost the battle. So for a week or so we have search all over the internet, talked with the professionals about the differences Bug cars can have, and we test drove many different Bug cars all over the county. The picture above is a Green(ish) 2001 VW New Bettle 2.0 Liter engine with automatic transmission and leather, heated seats. It is getting one final inspection at the shop to make sure everything is in order, and then we will pick it up Tuesday or Wednesday when it will be officially part of our family.

Gregg

No comments:

Post a Comment