Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Waiting for an Invitation from Creigton University


If you count today, there is only TEN days left until the final interview at Creighton University's School of Pharmacy. Last year, I was interviewed and placed NUMBER ONE in the alternate pool, and I was told to pack my bags and be prepared to leave last minute for Omaha, NE. You can read some of my older post about our adventure driving to and from Omaha, including getting pulled over by a police office and driving through a dozen snow storms in May. It was a good crazy time, but I didn't get into Creighton last year.

I called the school today, and I was informed that a round of denial letters were mailed out last Monday and again yesterday, but I was not one of the people mailed one of those letters. "When are the invitations being sent to the applicants," I asked. "There is only ten days left before the final interview date." I was informed that all decisions are being made this week and will hopefully be sent out later today, tomorrow, but no later than Friday.

I wanted to yell at the lady giving me this information, and I'm sure my boss is right there with me. Giving two weeks notice that you will miss a week of work to go interview is pushing it, but now I will have to give my boss a week notice
or less.
Creighton's School of Pharmacy is an amazing program, but I am having some difficulty with possibly such a late notice about an interview. I was recently reading Sasha's Blog, and I was reminded about the perfection of God's timing. I don't know what His timing is for my family and me or where we will live (Denver is a possibility), but I need to have faith in His plan. For example, you never know how important three months is until your baby is born three months early, spends almost six months in the NICU, almost died dozens of times, but you know God's timing is perfect. All that stress, all that money (much of it still owed), and all those miles and hours driving 100 miles from our house to the hospital all happened because God's timing is perfect. Because his timing is perfect, we met amazing nurses (one of whom now lives in our town and whom we see from time to time - plus, she was our favorite by far), doctors, and staff, we met some amazing parents, a brand new procedure was performed on Madison that saved her life and many babies after her due to its success (including a baby boy that shared the NICU room with his twin sister and Madison and after looking at how healthy Madison was after the procedure, his parents said, "Of course you can do the procedure," not knowing how close their son was to dying or how dangerous the procedure is to perform), and our faith grew and became rock solid. Over the past ten years, our faith has helped us through so many difficult times, including another baby born premature that spent 3 months in the NICU, my declining and recovering health, and now my schooling situation. Going to school last year would have been great, but we know not what God has planned for us or where we will be in the near and distant future. That faith that was strengthened so many years ago is helping us during these unknown times.

I need to say at least one more thing in this post; the unknown that we are experiencing about which school will I attend or in which city will we live is nothing compared to the unknown the people in Japan are experiencing right now. My thoughts and prayers reach out to them as their unknowns are about survival. My unknown is wondering where I will be living next year but knowing that I will be in a house with my family that is in a city that has no damage. The people in northern Japan don't know if their spouse or child or parent is alive, can they survive another night in the rubble as snow falls on them again, or will there be enough food to feed their family today, tomorrow, or next week. I ask that as your thoughts and prayers are extended to my family and me, please don't forget about the people in Japan. Their needs are far greater than mine, and I hope that you would spend more time in prayer for them.

I would like to think everybody for their prayers and support as this 10 years journey is in its final four years. I will be in the graduating class of 2015 from either Regis University or Creighton University.

Gregg

No comments:

Post a Comment